If you are using Google Apps for your email, just like @king.net email address. You can activate additional Google App Engine for your own Short Links e.g. digg.com, bit.ly, tinyurl.com, shorturl.com and other short URL services. Here's a simple guide on how to active your own Google Apps Short Links service.
- Login to your Google Apps, for example http://mail.google.com/a/king.net/.
- Click the Manage this domain
- In your Dashboard Service settings, click Add more services
- In Other Services, click the Add it now
- Back to the Dashboard, you will see if your URL service is Active.
Here's a sample website:
http://url.king.net/vpn redirect to http://www.king.net/2009/03/howto-setup-vpn-connection-using.html
http://url.king.net/wardrive redirect to http://www.king.net/2008/08/whaddya-know-wardrivecom-wardriving.html
Now I have to stop using tinyurl.com, shorturl.com and other short links services. I enjoy my own short links at http://url.king.net and promote my own service.
Post here if you have any questions related to Google Apps Short Links.