Apple just released iOS 4.2 Software Update today. This update is available for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. So if you're at home surfing for your cyber shopping, take a break to iSyn your iDevice.
What do you expect from the iOS 4.2 software update? Here's a short list.
- Multitasking - run your favorite apps and switch between them instantly without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily. I'm hoping this will also improve the battery life of my 2nd generation iPhone.
- Folders - folders on iPad give you more room for more apps. Organize apps by category fast access to your favorites. This is an excellent features to have in iPad, my children downloaded a lot of apps, it will take 5 to 10 slides to find my "work" apps or my favorite games.
- AirPrint - With just a few taps, wirelessly print photos, email, web pages, and more from your iPad to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- AirPlay - Wirelessly stream music, photos, and video to your Apple TV. Or stream music to your AiPlay-enabled speakers and receivers. I hope my Sony or Visio TV will be able to stream music and video. I will definitely try this out.
- Find My iPad or iPhone - Locate your missing iPad on a map, display a message, set a passcode lock, or initiate a remote wipe to delete your data. This is another excellent feature to have with your Apple device, you can easily find-out where you left your device or someone else "accidentally" took it. I'm been working this GPS location service to track your location so your friends will be able to tell where you are (if you broadcast or let a group of friends or family) through Cityware.com website but not complete.
- Game Center - Be more social with your gaming. Find friends or use auto-match to play multiplayer games against new opponents. Track achievements and compare high scores.
- Enhanced Enterprise Support - Business can take advantage of stronger security features, new device management capabilities, and improved enterprise integration.
- and more at Apple.com