The Year 2015 recorded the worst cyber attacks where millions of users from public and private records were compromised. Not even the Feds could avoid getting hacked.
- Antem hacked last Feb 4, 2015, 78.8 Million numbers of records accessed including Social Security numbers, member ID numbers and other personal data.
- Ashley Madison hacked last July 20, 2015, 37 Million names, password, email addresses and phone numbers. Some email address from US Military personnel.
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) hacked last June 4, 2015, 21.5 Million Social Security numbers and fingerprints. Sad to know that my record might be one of them :(.
- Experian hacked last October 1, 2015, 15 Million Social Security numbers.
- Premera Blue Cross hacked last March 17, 2015 with 11 Million Social Security numbers, member ID numbers, bank account information and other data.
- Excellus Bluecross Blueshield hacked last September 9, 2015 with 10 Million Social Security numbers, member ID numbers, financial support information and other data.