How to encrypt your entire workstation hard drive using Windows 10 Professional? This will save you sometime searching the internet for answers. Here's the step by step procedures on how you can encrypt your computer. Disclaimer: Always backup your important data before you proceed.
Related: How to setup BitLocker in Windows 10 Professional for Laptop.
I've tested it using Windows 10 computer, it should work for Windows 8.x version too.
How to Configure Computer to Enable BitLocker without Compatible TPM: (Source: Microsoft Community)
Administrators must follow the steps below to configure their Windows 8 computers to allow enabling Bit Locker Drive Encryption without compatible TPM:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the account that has administrative privileges.
- Assuming that the computer has been configured to display classic start menu, click Start and at the bottom of the menu in search box type GPEDIT.MSC command and press enter key.
- On the opened Local Group Policy Editor snap-in from the left pane expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Bit Locker Drive Encryption and from the expanded list click to select Operating System Devices.
- From the right pane double-click “Require additional authentication” at startup.
- On the opened box click to select Enabled radio button and ensure that under Options section Allow Bit Locker without a compatible TPM checkbox is checked.
- Once done, click Ok button to allow the changes to take effect and close Local Group Policy Editor snap-in.
- Save to your Microsoft Account
- Save to a USB flash drive
- Save to a file
- Print the recovery key
Source: Hardworking.com a service of KING.NET